AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field IQ cable
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/9/2024 06:55 (#10615399 - in reply to #10613803)
Subject: Good Point

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
When I first saw various cables and their prices, I thought they were way overpriced. I thought, I should be able to make them myself much cheaper until, I checked into all the supplies, time, research etc. I soon realized that the cost of "rolling your own" can get very expensive in a hurry especially if you need to invest any time into researching the pinout.

Another problem of making your own custom cable is that suppose it should fail in use, you might not want to take the time to repair or create a replacement.

The times, I did make my own cables were for the unusual situations where I was not able to purchase what I needed.

So in most cases, it is best to just go with a combination of cables from the dealer's stock even though they may seem overpriced. If you look at it from the dealer's standpoint certain cables are not that common but they need to carry some for new sales or repair. This can be a tremendous burden to the cost of inventory so the dealer needs to make "a little" on them.

Some of us who change things around fairly often end up with a box of good but no longer needed cables. I'm not certain I would have what you need.

Edited by tedbear 2/9/2024 12:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)