AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze vision monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/9/2024 07:17 (#10615428 - in reply to #10615251)
Subject: RE: Kinze vision monitor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I believe the above is correct. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I believe the Insight can be used in place of the Vison display with the Kinze planter. The Vision was as I recall a "crippled" Insight.

By crippled I mean that some the normal features of the Insight were "blocked" out so the display was only usable with the planter. If this is true, then the Insight might be more desirable than an actual Vision model since it could be used elsewhere in other situations such as a sprayer, combine etc. This may not be a useful or desirable for the Original Poster.

The missing display cable appears to be the same one as used and available form Ag Leader. I suspect Ag Leader may have produced it for Kinze. It connects to the CAN bus in the tractor and Power and Ground which lead to a large connector that hangs out the back of the tractor. This connector mates with the connector on the planter.

This same type of arrangement can be used in other situations such as a pull-type sprayer, Nh3 bar, Strip-till etc. Those implements would have the modules they need mounted on the implement but the Connect/Disconnect connector at the hitch would be the same. This would make it very easy to unhook from the planter and hitch up to a pull-type sprayer for example.

Edited by tedbear 2/9/2024 07:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)