AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze vision monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/9/2024 12:41 (#10615935 - in reply to #10615890)
Subject: RE: Kinze vision monitor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Several models of Ag Leader displays can work with your sprayer but not all. There were/are some displays that can only handle steering while others can work with application situations. The top of the line models such as the Insight, Integra and now the InCommand 1200 are sometimes necessary to do the more complex things.

A common method was to use a Liquid Product Control Module for spray situations but Ag Leader discontinued them. They still work fine, it's just that no more new ones are being made. Some dealers may have some left on their shelf or maybe you could find a used one. They would still be a good choice if you could find one.

Personally, I have one mounted on the rear of my planter for spraying with the planter and another one in the Hagie to control the spray there. The reason I have two is for convenience. I could get by with one since we rarely spray with the planter and Hagie at the same time but it is easier to just leave each in its own place. Another reason is for backup, if one should fail, I could move the other one in as a substitute. The system would notice that I am using a different module and ask me if I had changed modules to which I would answer - Yes.

The new approach uses a base module called L2 which can work for very basic situations. Various "daughter" modules can be added to it to expand its capabilities for a wide range of situations. There is also the ISO approach which can work with certain displays.

The flow meter, control valves and section valves that you are currently using would work fine with the Ag Leader system. Actually that is what is usually used since Ag Leader does not source flow meters, control valves or section valves and makes cables to work with what you have.

I think you would be very happy with the InCommand 1200.

Edited by tedbear 2/10/2024 08:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)