AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

335 Magnum Autosteer Wonders Back and Forth
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 2/11/2024 19:12 (#10619235 - in reply to #10617377)
Subject: RE: 335 Magnum Autosteer Wonders Back and Forth

I've been watching for a while now and haven't said anything because my information wasn't relevant even though we have a 335 that wouldn't steer correctly for years.

We had a HORRIBLE time (since new) and spent roughly 5 years and well over $5,000 getting our 335 to steer correctly.

But that is a story for another day...

To switch to an AutoSense, you need to mount the sensor, and I believe add wiring for it all the way into the cab and connect into one of the NAV connectors I believe.

I just switched our 305 (different axle but relevant anyway) last fall from it's OEM sensor. Ours has a little 1/4" bolt type thing that the sensor sits in and fits into the top of the kingpin that broke. I tried to replace it, but failed, it sheared off in the bottom of the kingpin and was virtually impossible to get to. I would have had to pull the hub completely apart. No thanks.

So you should need the sensor, the grey cable, and then another one that goes from that one and connects to the NAV harness. I think. If I am wrong, you would have to de-pin the OEM sensor wires at the nav and pin the AutoSense one in. I can't remember which.

Your Red dealer should be able to help get you squared away.

If no one is close, email me and I'll give you the contact information of the person I call when in a bind. He's super helpful even though he's nowhere close to me. Unless you have Red equipment around here, the Trimble dealers close are VERY few and far between, and most don't have experience with the types of equipment we run. It's a constant battle and he's been great to me.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)