AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hearing Aids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

DDMiller
Posted 2/20/2024 06:28 (#10631546 - in reply to #10631451)
Subject: RE: Hearing Aids

I had a growing hearing loss due to wrenching on Heavy Equipment for over 25 years then working at a power station another 20+ years. Ended up loss was in a particular band not so much a Volume Problem but the frequency. Be really cautious of the less expensive Amplifier types, the Audiologist that tested my hearing noted cannot simply amplify everything and still retain what hearing we do have.

Got my first set of Aids in 2019, rechargeable batteries then a speaker or mic failed and got them replaced as a partial warranty in 23, mine are dialable as to frequency to which 98% of audible alarms were out of range as was the wife's voice(Imagine that!) where if she did yell or I was within a few feet of the dryer or oven could hear them, Phone ringer I could not ever hear with a typical tone until my aids. Normal sounds do not get amped, only the frequency range the audiologist notes and computer programs. Mine are PHONAK and very satisfied but were expensive. My insurance would only cover the $350 for Amplifier types which for me are worthless. Ins did pay the $350 towards them but I paid close to $2000 additional.

Mine do repeat as a Phone answer or speaking mic, rather handy to have the ringer as part of the aids.

Dave

EDIT
Mine are over the ear.

Edited by DDMiller 2/20/2024 06:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)