AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

feeder flash
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

12thMan
Posted 2/19/2024 20:07 (#10631113 - in reply to #10630269)
Subject: RE: feeder flash

Western Ontario
Take this for what it’s worth from a Canadian who raises both angus and herefords, I follow (fakebook/twitter) a few different guys in the auction/sale promotion business in the US, I see lots of bulls/bull sales promoted that make me scratch my head, some of the bulls are just so so feeder cattle from my standpoint, plenty of good ones too but some that literally there wouldn’t be a market for on our side of the border, I can only assume that they have enough carcass merit that creates a market for them but I would want absolutely nothing to do with them in terms of retaining the females and building a cow herd, maybe it’s sustainable but I have a hard time wrapping my head around them, yes we have plenty of US influence in our genetics, I’m just amazed at how similar genetics can look so different. We would market about 160 head of feeder cattle through the sale barn every year, the judges there have no ulterior motives. I listen to Corbitt occasionally and if he had to backdown on some statements I’d suggest to follow the money.

Edited by 12thMan 2/19/2024 20:16

(IMG_3863 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_3522 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_3502 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_3422 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_3220 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3863 (full).jpeg (215KB - 59 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3522 (full).jpeg (192KB - 57 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3502 (full).jpeg (145KB - 52 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3422 (full).jpeg (187KB - 54 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3220 (full).jpeg (157KB - 41 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)