AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Walking Arm Swing Predicts Dementia
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jwal10
Posted 2/22/2024 21:16 (#10635832 - in reply to #10635741)
Subject: RE: Walking Arm Swing Predicts Dementia

Western Oregon
I have a gaited arm swing, right arm is normal, left just hangs down, hopefully from a bad arm/hand/shoulder injury.

My wife's Cholesterol % went from 11 a year ago to 9 this year but her doc still is pushing for her to take a small dose of statin. Wife has been pushing it off.

My doctor wanted me to pretty much quit meats about 5 years ago but my dietician says pasture raised or wild meats, eggs and dairy is OK in 4 oz portions, 3 times a week along with oily fish. I am more like 2 oz of any meats, more for flavor and 4oz of fish once a day. I can not eat soy, lentils or many dry beans. My dairy is from my grass fed goats milk, they do get a small amount of ground oats. My chickens are free range with a little ground oats usually cooked with kitchen scraps and a couple eggs with the shell. I tried the whole foods and grains diet, not enough protein. At 19, I was put on a very low fat diet for cholesterol for 20 years along with meds, it really messed me up for life. I eat mostly raw or fermented vegetables, sprouts and microgreens. 1 serving of fruit a day. Dietician says it is a modified Mediterranean diet. Homemade butter and extra virgin cold pressed olive oil. No more bacon or bacon fat because of the nitrate and nitrites. I made my own bacon for years but no more than I can eat, I don't make it anymore. When I get hungry for bacon, I get a bacon burger at Burgerville, made without nitrates or nitrites and made with fresh grass fed Angus. 2 small slices of bacon and 1/4 lb of burger on glutin free bun....James.

Edited by jwal10 2/22/2024 21:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)