AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Make Your Own Grain Bin Monitoring System
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Fraz IA
Posted 2/29/2024 21:17 (#10646096 - in reply to #10644967)
Subject: RE: Make Your Own Grain Bin Monitoring System

Thanks for doing this. I only started reading your manual and you may address some of my concerns within it - but here they are.

Years of in-bin air drying experience tells me one sensor inside a bin, or even three sensors probably isn't enough. The corn on the bottom of even a small 7000 bushel bin may be 13% while the corn on top may be 20%. One sensor will not capture that at all. Three sensors have a chance on a small bin, but not on a larger bin.

One outside sensor can also cause an issue - proper placement is key, but what is proper placement? One basic system I bought years ago always read 10-15 degrees higher (and resultantly much lower relative humidity) than actual temperatures when the sun was shining. Because of it's placement, it was pretty much worthless.

I'm no computer programmer, but I would assume, the more sensors in a system, the more complex the programming needs to be to get the desired results. And a system without enough sensors will most definitely not yield the desired results.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)