AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ARC or PLC?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 3/7/2024 14:53 (#10655843 - in reply to #10655660)
Subject: RE: ARC or PLC?

nc ks
should have asked for a second opinion. I got screwed out of payments on a piece of ground I purchased one year. One of those years when they issued a 3rd payment the same size as your first and second payment(long time ago). Anyway, I bought the land after it was signed up and then it was changed to me, but the lady said it had to go to the previous owner for some reason. It clearly stated that the person receiving it had to have a vested interest in the crop(which they didn't), but to no avail. They told me I'd have to go talk to the previous owner and they sent the check to him. Of course he was a prick.

Another time my family purchased land which I then operated. The previous tenant had wheat on a percentage of the farm so I was allocated the other percentage. When it came to issue payments, they issued all the payments to him because the farm only had wheat base so 'naturally' all the payment would go to him. I said the base is set and crop planting has nothing to do with how the money should be divided. She said nope.

Same FSA lady both times and I was pretty young and she was older and I was a bit intimidated. Turns out she isn't a very smart person and I got screwed. I learned pretty quick that people that are so sure of themselves often are that way because they don't know what the heck they are doing and it is easier for them to be oblivious to reality.

Edited by kb ag 3/7/2024 14:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)