AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thin alfalfa plan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Back_at_it
Posted 3/8/2024 12:17 (#10657234)
Subject: Thin alfalfa plan

Didn’t want to hi-jack the food plot thread, so will start my own. Hobby farmer here and will share a little back ground for clarity. Have 70 acres gross with 46 farmable. Balance is grass and timber. Big patches of timber north and south of me. My property is the deer interstate between the two areas. Want to provide food plots to keep them on my property more. Yeah, crazy man, I know! Been in Round up alfalfa for 5 years. Drought and age have taken its toll on my alfalfa. Time to change it up to a degree. We are still dry here, so I am hesitant to plant it all to row crops. Extend the life of the alfalfa a year? Inter seed sweet peas? Going to replace fences on perimeter so will need a work space. Thinking of planting 20’ of food plot all the way around outside with Milo, millet, radishes, turnips? Oh, and I’ll liven up the conversation, I’m an old time farmer and can’t wait to hook my 766 IH on to my 4 bottom plow to turn it black, at least the bottoms anyway! Learned how to drive Dads new 856 and 3 bottom roll over plow when I was 9. Enjoying life as I am “Back at it!” Thanks for any and all comments, supportive or not,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)