AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

L2 Direct Command run screen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/15/2024 13:54 (#10666184 - in reply to #10665819)
Subject: RE: L2 Direct Command run screen

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Support for more vehicles which did not apply to me.

Ag Leader now has an automated approach to turning around on the field ends with auto steer. This is called Turn Path. A locked version of this firmware is part of the V 9.2 update.

It can be used for many things, but the first one that comes to mind is with our planting tractor. We have Ag Leader's Steer Command Z2 steering system on the planting tractor. In the past we have used it to steer the tractor while planting but when we wanted to turn around, we would grab the steering wheel to disable Auto Steer, probably shift down, raise the planter, make the turn, get back on the next pass, engage Auto Steer, drop the planter and shift Up. Auto swath would take care of starting the seed and spray at the proper time and place.

With Turn Path, Auto Steer will steer the tractor as before but when we approach the headland, it will give a warning beep to inform us that it is going to be turning soon. Auto swath will shut off the seed and spray. We will raise the planter and Turn Path will make the turn for us. It will line back up on the next pass. We will need to drop the planter and Auto Swath will start the seed and spray as before.

It can be setup for other more complex patterns for skipping passes and some other things.

In order to use Turn Path, the display must be an InCommand with V 9.2. The field must have a boundary and and at least one AB line. An unlock is necessary. The unlock is a one time charge of $1195 which stays with the display. A 24 hour free trial unlock is available or a free 7 day unlock can be obtained though your dealer.

I tried it for some test runs in an open soybean field a couple of weeks ago and decided to purchase the unlock. We plan on using it with the planter and combine. Turn Path will work with Ag Leader's Steady Steer as well which I have on my combine for soybeans.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)