AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

InCommand 1200 past year reports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/23/2024 07:56 (#10676252 - in reply to #10676201)
Subject: RE: InCommand 1200 past year reports

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I use this on an Apple iPad Pro. The iPad is a few years old now. It can work of various iPads. I downloaded the free Ag Finiti mobile app from the Apple App Store. I carry the iPad with me in the planting tractor, Hagie sprayer or combine for use with the InCommand in those vehicles as the seasons progress.

Originally this was only available for an iPad but I notice Shop Teacher indicates that an Android version is available. I will continue to use my iPad since my Wal Mart Android tablet doesn't have a very rugged feel to it.

The iPad and InCommand are able to exchange information between them through a direct wireless connection. The Internet is not required nor used in my arrangement. The InCommand establishes a soft Access Point connection with the iPad. This is much like the two cameras I have that connect directly with my phone. I also use this type of connection with my homemade remote shed door openers that allow me to control the operators from my phone or iPad. The InCommand, my cameras, my door openers and actual Internet connections are shown in Settings on my phone or tablet. The phone or tablet will generally chose the closest/strongest one available.

That means if I check settings on my iPad when I am physically close to the InCommand, it will show InCommand as the selected choice so no intervention is needed. When I finish a field or make some major change, the InCommand transfers the data for that field to the iPad wirelessly. This means that the transfer is what I think of as a batch process rather than as a point by point update. I can manually force this transfer prior to finishing a field should I desire to do so.

Once the data is transferred to the iPad, maps and various totals etc. are available. Intense analyzation is not possible within the app but a tremendous amount of useful information is available. The data is still available for transfer to SMS for detailed analysis as usual.

Once this information is available on the iPad, it can be hand carried around for scouting or other purposes. I am able to bring my iPad to my office and print out my variety maps, spraying maps and yield maps wirelessly to my office printer.

This is all possible with the free app and no yearly fee. If an Internet connection is available, a more advanced version is available to use. The advanced arrangement requires a yearly user fee. I have not explored that approach since I've been very happy with my current arrangement.

I used to use SMS for basic printing etc. but I find that for our purposes, printing basic variety, spraying and harvesting maps directly from the iPad are adequate.

Edited by tedbear 3/23/2024 07:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)