AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgFiniti? Setting A B lines? Mapping?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/24/2024 12:16 (#10677878 - in reply to #10677826)
Subject: RE: AgFiniti? Setting A B lines? Mapping?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I use what you refer to as the "lite" version on an iPad Pro. Another post indicated that it is available for Android tablets but I couldn't find it for my Android tablet.

The app is free, the iPad was not. I pay no license to use it. I find it very handy for our situation and use. It would not be adequate for everyone.

We carry it with us in the planting tractor, the Hagie sprayer and the combine. Since an InCommand 1200 is used in each of the rigs, the InCommand can transfer its data to the app wirelessly. It does this by creating a soft Access Point which some refer to as a direct connection without the use of the Internet. The iPad and InCommand need to be reasonably close to each other. Having the iPad in the cab is close enough.

Information about planting, spraying, harvesting etc. is transferred to the app on the iPad at the completion of a field. There is no connection between the two. The iPad will need a charging cable or battery pack. The data is transferred as a batch rather than point by point while working the field. The operator can force the transfer earlier if desired.

Since the app has lots of information, it can create its own maps as well as various totals etc. I can take my iPad to my home office and it communicates wirelessly with an ink jet printer. This allows me to print off variety maps, spray maps and harvest maps very easily.

It does not allow me to do sophisticated analysis such as is possible with SMS. I find it very handy and the price is right. The first picture below shows a variety map from planting. The second is a yield map. Other maps for starter, sprays etc. were also available.

If you have an iPad or Android tablet already as well as an InCommand, I suggest you give it a try. You really wouldn't have any expense involved.

You mention being concerned about a poor boundary and the system shutting off outside rows inappropriately with a planter. Remember you can always temporarily disable auto swath if you are afraid that is going to happen. Perfect boundaries are desirable but not completely necessary. If you don't feel you can drive straight while making a boundary on a straight side, just start the boundary, pause it and drive close to the other end. Then restart the boundary, the system will fill in your path with a straight line. Also the line will always return to the starting point. So if the field has one straight side, drive the field so that side would be done last. Since the line will return to the starting point as you are driving around, you could stop prior to actually driving that last straight side since the line will be drawn back to the starting point. These lines can be exported and imported with a USB stick. The boundaries can be redone as necessary.

Edited by tedbear 3/24/2024 13:12

(IMG_2502 (full).JPG)

(IMG_2501 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2502 (full).JPG (88KB - 16 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2501 (full).JPG (114KB - 11 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)