AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgFiniti? Setting A B lines? Mapping?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/24/2024 19:21 (#10678490 - in reply to #10678438)
Subject: RE: AgFiniti? Setting A B lines? Mapping?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

There's both AgFiniti Mobile and AgFiniti. I'm referring to AgFiniti Mobile. That is the one that is free and doesn't use the Internet. It has the direct connection to the InCommand. The other one uses the Internet for storage and transferring data. It requires a yearly license.

There's a couple of good videos on You Tube about guidance and also making boundaries.. One shows a guy making boundaries in some pretty rough land. As far as deviations, you can pause and go around it and then start again and the line will be drawn straight across. He uses the example of a fallen tree that is in the way when you are making boundaries but will be out of the way when you plant the field. If the obstacle is permanent then you would want to continue to make the boundary around it and have a bend in the boundary. Auto swath can auto steer off of the boundary so that could work well with an accurate boundary. My great nephew made new boundaries a couple of weeks ago as the weather permitted. Ours are pretty easy being mostly rectangles with straight sides and no waterways.

We didn't have good boundaries but now that we are going to use the TurnPath steering on the ends, we need to have decent boundaries. Although boundaries are not stricly needed they are helpful to prevent confusion at times.

Edited by tedbear 3/24/2024 19:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)