AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader InCommand 1200 and Deere 1560 Drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/29/2024 07:50 (#10685085 - in reply to #10684886)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader InCommand 1200 and Deere 1560 Drill

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You've obviously put a lot of thought into the various situations that might come up. Fortunately Ag Leader has also. They want like to make it convenient for you to purchase another InCommand and work it into your operation. They have put a lot of thought in how a display can be used in different situations such as being moved around from vehicle to vehicle. They also have covered the situations where the display might remain in a vehicle but be connected to different modules at different times. They have covered all the combinations that I've run into.

Personally I have 3 InCommand 1200's, two GPS 6500's on WAAS, one GPS 7500 unlocked for Terra Star Pro C. They are used with 3 tractors, a Hagie Sprayer and a combine. Due to common wiring I can move them around in many combinations to make the best use of the displays and the GPS 7500. I have one InCommand 1200 that I have tagged and consider my Master. It and the GPS 7500 get moved from the planting tractor to the Hagie and then to the combine. I could do this other ways but this fits our situation. If I should want to use the planting tractor for another task during spraying or harvest season, I can use one of the remaining GPS receivers and displays in it during that time frame.

But back to your question about adding a second display. Ag Leader has a plan where the farm, field type information can be exported from InCommand "A" to InCommand "B". This procedure contains the farms, fields etc. that were in InCommand "B" and saves them into a special file which is saved on a USB stick. The USB stick is placed in InCommand "B". Once the transfer procedure is invoked, farms, fields etc. that were on InCommand "A" are copied into InCommand "B" BUT they are added to the farms, fields etc. that were already present on InCommand "B".

This is in contrast to doing a backup of InCommand "A" and a restore to InCommand "B". With a backup and restore procedure, any information that had been on InCommand "B" would be overwritten. That may be fine but undesirable in certain situations. There are many combinations with several tractors, sprayer, combines, spreaders etc with several InCommands on the same farming operation. Without going into specific combinations, I'll say that Ag Leader has investigated them and has you covered.

The information about which module is working with which display is saved in the configuration which is stored in each display. To switch to a different tractor with a different display is fine since the configuration in the display contains the information about each particular situation.

For example, tractor "A" with InCommand "A" might be pulling a chisel plow with an implement switch. A configuration with information (width) is needed for the chisel plow. The coverage map would show what you've done.

Your other larger tractor might become available and you wish to use it. It has InCommand "B" on it. It would need a configuration in it which again contains information (width) about the chisel plow. You would choose that configuration and the coverage map would be shown.

In the example above the maps would be separate. The coverage done with InCommand "B" would be separate from that done with InCommand "A" previously.

Edited by tedbear 3/29/2024 08:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)