AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader InCommand 1200 and Deere 1560 Drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/29/2024 15:43 (#10685636 - in reply to #10685510)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader InCommand 1200 and Deere 1560 Drill

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I gather that you plan on mounting the Application Rate Module somewhere in the cab rather than on an implement. The App Rate Module needs to be able to communicate with the Ag Leader system which is done with a round connector which contains four conductors. The wires are red (low current 12V), black (ground), Green and Yellow (CAN HIGH and CAN LOW). I may have the green and yellow reversed. The stub cable from the Application Rate module will have a round CAN type connector on it just like the one I hope you find on your display cable. The two are connected with a "Y" connector. The unused port must have a terminator plug inserted in it.

The CAN system follows closely with the CAN systems in modern automobiles. Instead of using one wire for the data, two wires are used. For a HIGH pulse both wires are at 2.5V. When a LOW pulse is sent, the CAN HIGH wire goes Higher and the CAN LOW wire goes lower so the difference between the two is interpreted as a LOW pulse. This is helpful in reducing electrical noise and reduces induced errors as the devices are communicating with each other.

Some modules that do "work" in the sense of controlling a valve etc. also have a pair of heavy wires that are referred to as "High Current" they are just connected directly to the battery. Since the Application Rate module only deals with information, it does not need the High Current pair of wires. The Application Rate module will have two 12 pin Deutsch connectors molded in to it. One is for communication which you will not be using. The other is marked AUX. It contains various pins of which you will only use two for an implement switch. A stub cable is available from Ag Leader that has three branches on it. You will only need the branch with two wires in it. From the adapter cable you will need a pair of wires to lead to your implement switch. For a pull-type implement you will want some way to disconnect the wiring at the hitch. You will need to create a configuration that contains information about the tractor and the implement. This allows the system to correctly make the coverage map. If yo work with another implement, you will need a configuration for it since its width etc. are likely different.

I don't have implement switches on any tillage only type implements, my coverage map is based on when auto steer is engaged which is generally good enough for those operations. I do have implement switches on my planter since seed and spray are involved there. I could have used an implement switch with an NH3 bar but since it was only one section and I felt it safer to turn the Master ON/OFF myself, I didn't feel it was necessary. The coverage and rate maps stopped when application stopped.

I mentioned earlier about looking at your display cable. Some have more branches than others. If your display cable is a stripped down model, it may not have the round CAN connector as a branch since if steering is the only thing being done then the CAN branch is unnecessary. Your dealer may have sold you one of those since that would have been a bit cheaper. If this is the case you will need to get a different display cable with that branch. On the other hand your cable may have the round CAN connector which you need and some others. Having extra unused connectors on other branches is not a problem.

Edited by tedbear 3/29/2024 15:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)