AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Incommand800 with sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/1/2024 12:08 (#10689234 - in reply to #10689217)
Subject: RE: Incommand800 with sprayer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I forget what the 844 is. Is it an automatic system or just an electric system where the operator shuts off the sections and adjusts the rate manually?

The reason I ask is that to use an Ag Leader system for auto control would require a flow meter and a control valve with limit switches in it. If starting from scratch these are often Raven flow meters and a Raven butterfly type control valve with limit switches.

There are exceptions but I don't want to confuse the issue.

Until recent times, the module involved with the spray portion was the Liquid Product Control module. As shown in the drawing above, it would typically be mounted on the sprayer itself although that is not a necessity.

As mentioned above the Liquid Product Control Module is no longer produced which is a shame in a way since it was very adequate for many of us. It has been replaced with the L2 system. The L2 system is "built up" with several modules and can handle many sections, nozzle by nozzle control etc. For me personally the older Liquid Module worked extremely well. Some dealers might have some "hold overs" on their shelves but that would be rare. My Dealer got the last of the production run on new Liquid Modules and is sold out on them.

It might be possible to pick one up on the used market but I won't expect any bargains. Fortunately the switch box arrangement you have in the tractor for planting will work just fine for a sprayer or any other application situation

There is another combination that might appeal to you. Suppose your TeeJet system is manual where the operator adjusts the rate and sections manually. Suppose you are happy with that but would like to know the application rate so you could change it yourself. If that is your situation, then it would be possible to purchase a flow meter to put in the spray line and an Ag Leader Application Rate Module.

The Application Rate module would show you the applied rate but would not change it for you. It would not allow section by section control in the sense that the map would show the entire boom as being ON or OFF. This is not as desirable as a fully automatic system but could be very useful as you could see an onscreen map of your coverage and applied rate. The onscreen map would be correct the majority of the time when all boom sections are ON.

Edited by tedbear 4/2/2024 05:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)