AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Incommand800 with sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/3/2024 06:58 (#10691662 - in reply to #10690827)
Subject: RE: Incommand800 with sprayer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Auto Swath is not technically required to use a Liquid module for spraying. However from a practical standpoint you would want it.

This is an extra cost one time unlock with the InCommand 800. It comes already unlocked in every InCommand 1200. No yearly subscription is involved, so your display is either locked or unlocked. If unlocked, it pertains to all operations not just spraying.

Your InCommand 800 had the ability to work with Auto Swath all along but the feature was intentionally blocked. This was one of the reasons, the InCommand 800 is cheaper than an InCommand 1200. So by paying the unlock fee you are given a magic number that allows the feature to be active.

With older simple sprayers, the operator needed to shut off the Master to turn around or shut ON/OFF sections using the section switches for point rows. This could still be done with the InCommand 800 without paying for the Auto Swath unlock.

Auto Swath can reduce the need to be flipping the switches. If you feel its not a big deal to continue to do this yourself, Auto Swath is not needed.

With Auto Swath active there may be situations where the operator wants to be in complete control and does not want Auto Swath to be involved. When that is the case, Auto Swath can be set in inactive. Those situations are quite rare but possible. For example with my planter, rows are shut off in two row sections. If I wish to plant outside my boundary, I can do so by setting Auto Swath to inactive for that pass.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)