AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agco PTx
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 4/10/2024 14:14 (#10701738 - in reply to #10701692)
Subject: RE: Agco PTx

Jeffersonville, OH
DawsonFarms - 4/10/2024 14:24

I ask because it would make sense to work the Trimble displays into the main display for Precision Planting. How will just Precision Planting dealers handle Trimble Displays?

Yes, it would make sense...but I highly doubt you will get Precision to do anything but keep pushing the 20/20.

I would love to see an AGCO tractor or combine with a display for Machine Function, then a Trimble for steering and technology or yield monitoring...much like we offer on the Gleaner and IDEAL combines with the Ag Leader Yield monitor option. All machine functions are handled through the Tyton terminal, and the Yield data is ran through an Ag Leader display.

I have already asked my contacts at AGCO if Trimble has the AGCO platforms available for yield monitoring, because I see the writing on the wall, and I intend to try and get ahead of it.

As for Precision Planting, I don't believe they will get "rolled into" Trimble, or Trimble be rolled into them...I think they will be standalone but hopefully complementary products...but I do hope the displays become more "universal" as just displays. Possibly, with the 20/20 display being more of a screen, with the brains being in the green module thrown on the floor BECAUSE SOMEONE DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD BE NICE TO PUT A MOUNTING BRACKET ON IT, possibly it could be ran as an APP on the Trimble displays?

One can hope...but if I get the chance, you can bet I will be sharing my views with AGCO/Trimble/PTx and whoever will pretend to listen LOL
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)