AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agco PTx
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JAnderson
Posted 4/10/2024 14:36 (#10701759 - in reply to #10701750)
Subject: RE: Agco PTx

McCanna, ND
c_mayer - 4/10/2024 13:23

JAnderson - 4/10/2024 14:54

Seems like everyone running PP has a cab overly cluttered with displays and they like to brag about it. And good luck getting green guys to put a Trimble display in.

Can't argue with that, in Dad's planting tractor we have our armrest display for our tractor, an Ag Leader 1200 display for steering, and a Gen 3 20/20 for the planter, along with a fold box and modem tucked in the back corner. It's as clean as we can make it, but still a lot.

We could trade the 1200 down for an 800, because we had it for when the Ag Leader was running the planter...but just don't see the need, as it's already there.

Now, might I trade the Ag Leader for Trimble someday...possibly...but I have the 2 old guys running the farm's equipment pretty well trained on the Ag Leader, so unless Trimble has something I want for the farm that we can't do now...like go to one display with the 20/20 and Trimble Steering...then I'll likely leave it alone.

Historically, I have had no problem with Trimble's products or performance, but there has been ZERO support in this area for a long time...now that AGCO owns them, then I guess now might I have an opportunity to resolve that issue. I can not see this as a bad addition to AGCO's technology offering, as I have said for years AGCO builds some great products, but they are an equipment manufacturer first, and a technology company second...if this gets us more integrated solutions down the road, then awesome.

I'll ask a question, how many prefer ONE display for EVERYTHING in their cab, or multiple displays? Years ago the OEM's were all saying customers want ONE display for everything...I sure don't see my customers wanting a single display anymore. Typically, it's 1 MACHINE function display, and 1 Technology display, whether it's Steering and implement monitoring on that display, or just steering, or a yield monitor. Most customers HATE having multiple works screens on 1 display and having to switch back and forth...

Chris

Forgot the IPad so you can send data to field view and watch Netflix. PP guys are also fast to point that one out here.

One display is fine, BUT the switching back and forth better be one button, most displays are too clunky to switch easily/quickly between pages.

That’s where Topcon got it right by letting a iPad act as a fully functional 2nd display, sure makes calibrating and trouble shooting convenient when you can stand right by the row unit and run the machine from the iPad.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)