AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

They had "doh" moments a hundred years ago.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 4/13/2024 08:56 (#10705041 - in reply to #10704634)
Subject: RE: They had "doh" moments a hundred years ago.

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS

50-60 years ago we had a lady in the community who would sit on her front porch and watch the goings on around her. She would then write up a story and send it to the local newspaper. From where she sat she could see a grand total of three other houses and the approach to another. The road she lived on was a bit of a "through" road but all were dirt/gravel. Most of what she could see was her neighbors working in the fields around her house.

I'm visiting with my mom this morning. Reading her local newspaper, which is issued once a week and costs 75 cents/issue I notice that it is a total of 12 pages. One page is almost all different writers telling about happenings in their communities. One lady tells about babysitting her grandchildren.There is a page full of obituaries, a full page listing all the churches in the county, the preacher's name, and service times, a page and a half of classifieds, and a full page listing of checks paid out by the county board of supervisors. Area sports are kind of slow right now because some baseball and softball games have been cancelled due to weather so only one page of high school sports. Usually there's at least two.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)