AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I-State, Flip Flop Farms - Congrats on the New Quad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 4/18/2024 09:07 (#10711243 - in reply to #10710849)
Subject: RE: I-State, Flip Flop Farms - Congrats on the New Quad

East of Broken Bow
I realize one is not supposed to be envious of others, but to do the best you can with what you were blessed with.

When I heard I State farmers can use bin run seed through an endgate seeder, harrow it in, and still expect 300 bushel corn, I said good for them.
When I heard they can do all this without the work or expense of irrigation, I said good for them.
When I heard they pay 10% of the property tax I do, on land worth 10X as much, and have paved roads to drive on, I said good for them.
When I heard that they plant and harvest in shirtsleeve weather, think a drought is when their endgate seeded corn only makes 290, have trouble identifying a hailstone in a photo line up, and think 20 MPH winds are 'strong', I said good for them.
When I heard they have to buy a new tractor and $100,000 pickup every year just for the tax write off, I said good for them.
When I heard they have 'antique farm machinery parades' and most entries are newer than what I still farm with, I said good for them.

However, when I heard that they don't have to deal with badger holes, it was all I could do to not just break down and cry.

Edited by HuskerJ 4/18/2024 09:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)