AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guys I don't mean to Whine nor complain.. but.. I don't think this is gonna make it.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Baby Robin
Posted 4/20/2024 11:02 (#10713319 - in reply to #10713256)
Subject: RE: Managing emotion

Fontanelle, IA
kb ag - 4/20/2024 09:05

He is in a place where they get too much rain primarily. They judge rain by how much ponding they have and so precise actual amount doesn't mean anything really. I think he has provided less in this thread about marketing than most anyone else that replied. Ironic isn't it?

This thread has become a classic example of tailspinning into oblivion due to 500 mile away keyboard experts debating the "emotions" of another's posts within the framework of marketing and agronomics.

John posts pictures of his wheat that is dying.
I-staters wonder if wheat truly has 19 cat lives
Kansans say I-staters are completely ignorant of precipitation droughts esp. after 2023
Bonpas actually poses a marketing question of what is a USA wheat farmer to do marketing wise when pictures show horrible wheat. Sell? Buy Calls?
To which leads to "insensitivity" as wheat belt farmers and more easterly corn belt i staters snickerly debate why "drought", subsoil moisture, future rainfall forecasts may or may not be applicable to comparing wheat to corn yield prospects (see 2023 back-and-forth posts)
To fully complete the circle, hopefully w1891 can post some graphics about USA wheat stocks being the supply-of-last-resort and all the piles of "cheaper" wheat from Russia, Ukraine, Europe, Australia, and maybe Argentina being sold first.

Which ultimately ends up in Marketing as what does a farmer DO that is experiencing the emotions of watching a crop suffer: selling a crop or marketing a crop or buying it back.

NAT does not trust pictures or posters to be genuinely representative of an area and maybe rightfully so.....

NAT is a sad excuse of bias vs. anonymity vs. distance vs. ignorance vs. intolerance vs. insensitivity anymore.

Yeah, Baby Robin, didn't contribute much either....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)