AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versatile 435 hp tune
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ILFarm217
Posted 4/19/2024 12:01 (#10712709 - in reply to #10712417)
Subject: RE: Versatile 435 hp tune

This has nothing to do with the question you asked but I’ve had a bad experience with tuning so I’ll say it. I had a tractor tuned and deleted last year. I had a def code pop up and it was more expensive to fix it through the dealer than delete it so I went with the cheaper and more attractive option. The guy came and said a tune comes along with it and said they wouldn’t tune it over the max factory hp. I said ok and he went about his work. He also told me there wasn’t a “tattle tale” if a dealer hooked up to it. Long story short, the tractor then started throwing codes all the time. The codes would de-rate the tractor so it was basically useless. During all of this I had the dealer hook it up to his computer and it did show the engine had been tuned, so that part wasn’t even true. I ended up having the dealer set it back to stock and fixing the def issue I originally had.

Point of the story is that one action that may seem fine may cost you in another place. I have ran successful tunes and boxes as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)