AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versatile 435 hp tune
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 4/19/2024 12:16 (#10712731 - in reply to #10712709)
Subject: RE: Versatile 435 hp tune

Jeffersonville, OH
ILFarm217 - 4/19/2024 13:01

This has nothing to do with the question you asked but I’ve had a bad experience with tuning so I’ll say it. I had a tractor tuned and deleted last year. I had a def code pop up and it was more expensive to fix it through the dealer than delete it so I went with the cheaper and more attractive option. The guy came and said a tune comes along with it and said they wouldn’t tune it over the max factory hp. I said ok and he went about his work. He also told me there wasn’t a “tattle tale” if a dealer hooked up to it. Long story short, the tractor then started throwing codes all the time. The codes would de-rate the tractor so it was basically useless. During all of this I had the dealer hook it up to his computer and it did show the engine had been tuned, so that part wasn’t even true. I ended up having the dealer set it back to stock and fixing the def issue I originally had.

Point of the story is that one action that may seem fine may cost you in another place. I have ran successful tunes and boxes as well.

Seen that as well...

What I will say, is if a guy tries to get a truck tuner to work on a tractor, there are a lot of differences they may not be familiar with. Especially on the earlier stuff, an ISX in a truck, and a QSX in a truck are not the same tuning, but a lot of mechanical parts may be the same.

Had a customer trying to tune a Versatile, and was having trouble with torque derates and other problems, so we took it back to stock for him. I'm not a dealer who gets his pants bunched about tuning, as long as it's out of warranty. Tunes, chips, or programmers rarely CAUSE issues, but maybe they can aggravate them

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)