AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Form 2290 for a new to us truck
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

AGB
Posted 4/24/2024 07:22 (#10716953 - in reply to #10716891)
Subject: RE: Form 2290 for a new to us truck

Mid-Michigan
tedbear - 4/24/2024 06:23

My experience is that at least here in Minnesota and at that time, that the license bureau will allow a new owner to "get by" the first year without a 2290 at least for farm use. My nephew bought a used truck locally and purchased the license tabs the first year without a problem. Next year the local gals said he needed a stamped 2290. He was unaware of a 2290 since we never had a larger truck before.

Some years later we traded that truck for a larger one with a Jockey. I mentioned the 2290 business and he being a typical Jockey said "don't worry about it". Turned out it was fine that first year but I've needed a 2290 ever since.

Your situation may be different. Also to go through some of the outfits that do the 2290 for you for a fee, requires a Federal Tax ID and as a Social Security Number is not good enough. Very confusing.

That's exactly what happened to me. I couldn't get my plate without the 2290 this year. Last year they never mentioned it and handed me a plate. I'm currently waiting for mine. Been hauling corn for two weeks now without a plate. I don't know what to tell the dot when I get stopped except that I'm waiting. I'm pretty sure he won't care and hand me a ticket. Or maybe worse. Red tag.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)