AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coates tire machines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 4/25/2024 09:54 (#10717396 - in reply to #10716844)
Subject: RE: Coates tire machines

Faunsdale, AL
Very old Coates machine here. Think it’s a 20/20???

You need 150-175 psi air supply. Mine is high enough that if I jar it by dropping a tire on it or something the safety relief valve on the Coates will unseat.

If mine hasn’t got the power to break both top and bottom beads at the same time, I let it break the bottom one first and then the top after the bottom is done.

Dismounting tire, lubricate beads first and use a good lube. Milky water on the mop ain’t good enough, it needs to be slimy! Then if the machine gets stuck you can always use a tire iron working ahead of the bar on the machine to get it past the tight spot. I keep a small sledge hammer and a tire iron or two handy.

I’m sure the price difference between any of those Coates machines and a rim clamp machine is pretty considerable for the number of tires you’ll ever use it on.

I work on everything from 155/80R13 car tires to 16.5-16.1 front tractor with mine. 11.00-16 and up requires lifting the top bead breaker off the machine before putting the tire and wheel on it. Have also mounted and dismounted cut bead airplane tires many times with it. They always require some assistance with a tire iron but are much easier on the machine than not. There’s not much stiffer than one of those!

It has some sort of adapter for golf cart tires but I’ve never used it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)