AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Christmas Tree
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

95h
Posted 12/23/2009 12:17 (#981621 - in reply to #980222)
Subject: RE: Christmas Tree,,

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

It's kinda sad,, having a tradition and having it replaced with plastic.. Pretty frustrating seeing friends with their "plastic tradition" then running down to the forced air furnace and throwing in Pine scent so the house smells "traditionally like Christmas....??

On the flip side, used my pickup one year to haul home a real tree for them. Holy krap,, I stared pretty dang hard at that $70 real tree and was having trouble justifying the price tag the place was charging.  Friends decided $120/ 10 years was a better deal long term to have the Christmas traditional tree....  Thing is,, real tree and plastic tree was same size...

Of course I can appreciate the Christmas tree farmers, they're trying to make a living and Trees do take more effort than most people realize.

Yah,, real trees are "messy" when they start falling apart. I recall growing up there was always pine needles to vacuum up after Christmas but then,, isn't that just a part of the tradition too ???

As for me, no family so likely never have a christmas tree again. But,, memories and tradition should count for something during Christmas. (andother holidays

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)