AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Links are stalling
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 2/26/2007 00:26 (#111230 - in reply to #111182)
Subject: RE: Links are stalling

Southeast Wyoming

No, Rich, "local" police is not in my job description; and no, it was not my intention to try to speak for Ed, Don or Dave, I speak for myself only.  You say that they (as in the site administrators) are not "immune to critique"; what is good for the goose is good for the gander.  I will not spend the night trading insults with you, but I believe civility will usually get you more long term satisfaction than a rant.

The problem you attacked the site for below is something that happens on occasion.  The software numbers all posts, and stores them and their relationship to other thread posts in a database.  When you view the forum index your browser sends input to the server-side software which invokes a query to display the information you have requested.

Here is the information on Travis' post: (#109184 - in reply to #109181)

Here is the information on your post that was displayed under the wrong post:  (#109193 - in reply to #109184)

Here is the information on Chad's post: (#109185 - in reply to #109181)

Obviously, for some reason the software displayed your post as if it was in reply to #109185 instead of #109184.  Since it only displayed it that way briefly and since it has not been a dominate problem, the decision has been made to not disban the site.  The admin team has visited the software developers' forum in an attempt to see if there is a fix for this minor problem; a fix is not available as far as I know.

We do not believe that this problem is an indication of further problems; this software has been relatively trouble free.  Please keep us informed if the problem persists.

Thanks for your concern.

Gary

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)