AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

i am buying a headstone- not for me.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 5/2/2010 10:34 (#1182765 - in reply to #1181542)
Subject: RE: i am buying a headstone- not for me.

Little River, TX
The Wife & I have had our stone for 20 years now. We put in place our stone when a lady was burried in what we called my Wife's site. (No problem we just moved our plot to another location, and to prevent confusion later put up the stone. 
I am considering putting a short lineage on the backside of the stone for future reference, if anyone cared then.
A saying that I really appreciate is:
Don't fear your mortality, because it is this very mortality that gives meaning, depth, and poignancy to all the days that will be granted to you.
Paul Tsongas
I appreciate this bit of wisdom after numerous exciting  opportunities to depart this world in the past.  I take comfort in the knowledge that my time will eventually come.  

Some trivial that few if any might find interesting, in two weeks the Wilson Valley Cemetery Association will have it's annual business meeting and pot luck dinner. This cemetery is named after another of the Wilsons who are of no relation to us. They came from Georgia in 1890's and we arrived from Pennsylvania & New Jersey in 1951. Neither family is any kin to the Wilson that the Wilson Chapel at the Little River Methodist Church is named after. When I depart this life there will still be one family of Wilsons, who are not related to any of the earlier Wilsons, of whom only memorials and dim memories remain.
Have a Grand & Glorious Season.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)