AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

i am buying a headstone- not for me.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 5/4/2010 21:04 (#1185891 - in reply to #1185346)
Subject: Re: i am buying a headstone- not for me.

NC Iowa
too bad you had to get charged like that. the funeral business is big money, and funeral director practically has the license to print money. a casket can be $5000, so at least you saved that. everyone else wants their piece too, so can take 15K to get the job done.

for my mom, she had a prepaid cremation plan. $600 and that included the urn. i made the vault myself. they already had the stone, so just $100 for the date. $200 digging fee. $100 for pastor and church memorial service. i got the whole job done for right at $1000.00. mom would be proud of me for that. my parents were depression raised, and were very saving. my dad used to say they were poorer that poor. true too. my dad's mom was widowed with 8 kids and a mortage. they went from very poor to fairly well of due to lots and lots of hard work, and some luck too. the ability to do that is what i used to admire about this country. seems like now, if you work hard and have a good year, it is taxed away so you can 'share the wealth'.

loseing a child has to be one of lifes toughest test. to have it happen twice is something i don't even want to think about. i don't blame them for not wanting to bring it up, or be reminded of it. i just want to do what was apparently too painful for them to do in their lifetime.

yes, i often think of what it would have been like if my siblings had lived. i am firm beliver in family, as they are always there for you. many times in my life, i could have used some additional help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)