AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying the farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

grizz1972
Posted 6/29/2010 17:19 (#1254859)
Subject: Buying the farm

wisconsin
I come from a family with 5 children i have 2 older brothers 1 older sister and one younger sister. I farm with my oldest brother my other siblings dont have anything to do with the farm operation. My brother and i are buying the farm from my parents. this is not an issue with my other brother or my oldest sister. they know this has been the plan all along. The problem is with my youngest sister and her new husband. They seem to view the family farm as there future inheritance and not my parents property to do with as they please. My sister has already told my other siblings and my parents what she feels she deserves as far as what part of the farm she wants and these statements have increased over the last year. this might be a little more understandable if she was destitute but they make more money per year with there jobs in town than we make off the farm in 3 years. This obviously has upset my parents as god willing they are far from leaving this earth. My question is how have other families dealt with this. and have they been able to maintain peace in the end.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)