AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ethanol - misleading information in October National Geographic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 9/28/2007 23:07 (#211401 - in reply to #211168)
Subject: RE: ethanol - misleading information in October National Geographic

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
Jim , I would sure like to know where you got your 5 gal/acre fuel useage figure from?? I sure don't use 5 gals to put on NH3 ,field cultivate and plant. I used .85 gals an acre to field cultivate and plant this spring. Not sure how many gals/acre it takes to pull a 42 ft NH# rig but I know its not 4.15--- more like less than a gallon per acre probably around .6 to .8
Thinking like a farmer and not a salesman, I sure would not want to SKIMP on N this year when corn is $4 for next fall and probably could be 5$ . I think if it was your corn you would error a little on the heavy side wouldn't you?? One can try to be so dam effieceint and lose money doing it don't you agree??
When corn is 2 bucks again and N is 500$ then you can talk your .6 and .7 .
I beleive ia state has an effieciency claculation one can use figureing N cost and corn price. I will use that and not .6 or .7
Maybe if I had to use expensive 28% or urea instead of cheaper NH3 maybe I would have to cut my rates.
Have you seen 28% prices compared to NH3?? All fall aplied NH3 @ 485 a ton for me. Thats about .28 a lb
I am hearing 28% @ .50 a lb of N.
After this years sidedress N not working at all , no more "on time N for me".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)