AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

20 inch corn in cent. IL
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 6/18/2006 23:23 (#20455 - in reply to #20374)
Subject: Re: 20 inch corn in cent. IL

I haven't talked to Mr Calmers personally but have visited his wbsite in the past. neighbor has a 16x15" cornhead on order from him & from what he has said the Calmers & Clarke heads are fairly close in price. One reason we priced the Clarke was because it had two gathering chains per row vs one on the Calmers. Wasn't sure how 1 would work if you encountered down corn. Also, Clarke uses new JD row units whereas Calmers used rebuilt IH units. Not that I prefer the JD, actually I prefer the CIH rowunits but was concerned with new vs rebuilt.

If you don't mind saying, what differences in yields are you seeing since you have gone to the 15" rows in comparison to previously (30"?)? Also, soil types, highly productive heavy soils or lighter clay type soils.

Like I said in an earlier post, we are getting conflicting reports and things are starting to get hard to sort out. Idon't mind spending the money but I would want the returns to be better than what they are now. I'm not one that has to have the "latest & greatest", just the ones that gives the best return for the dollar spent.

TIA, boog
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)