AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Warning to future CDL licensees
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

robaer1
Posted 2/18/2008 00:57 (#312597 - in reply to #312202)
Subject: more than you wanted to know.

they've been talking about this for the last 3 or 4 yrs. give me $25 bucks and i'll teach anyone with in an hour and a half how to back a semi trailer. the key is in the pivot points. when in reverse 1st pivit point is on the back axel of the trailer at the rear of the tire and that sets direction and when a correction is needed driving forward the the center of the front axel on trailer sets the tone for you correction. how do i know this aka driver trainer and worked as a yard dog. if anyone needs someone that knows me to drive them with there truck to the cdl place give me a haller. let me add that most major otr companys will not hire you with out going to school. the way it is now most companys require at least 1 month otr expereince with in the last 3 yrs. and so its hard to get the expereince unless you go to school. in the commercial trucking industry everything works in 3 yrs or 5yrs or 10yrs. because of insurance and other factors but the 3 yr is the main thing. don't drive for 3 yrs aka refresher course. i use to broker hiring people. i can get just about get anyone hired as long as they pass a dot physical and can pass a raod test and have no more than 3 moving violations or combanation of 3 or more accidents. felony aka no problem, dwi aka problem. felony means no high value freight and definatly no canada and no hazmat. yes i have saved some lost souls that wanted a hand up and it feels good. i ask don't let these jobs slip back to mexico. hire a mexican worker on u.s soil but keep that border for us and the mexicans.

the way they want it is over weight violations more than 3 in 3 yrs side lined for x time and same with log violations. they may change there mind but all of us know we have ran over weight for profit and this is the way there going to put a stop to it. they were trying to mandate electronic logs aka once that truck moves you have 14 hrs to do your business. i've seen alot in my driving carrer. trying to understand everything is almost mind numbing and no one knows all the rules so how many new rules do we need.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)