AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Refinery explosion in Big Spring, TX.....updated 12:30 pm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mad Max Perf
Posted 2/18/2008 15:21 (#312925 - in reply to #312911)
Subject: RE: Refinery explosion in Big Spring, TX.....updated 12:30 pm

North Western Alberta
This isnt a shot at Americans, just your refineries and such. I work in a Canadian Sour Natural Gas plant, and have access to the information that causes many of the explosions in refineries and gas plants around the world.... I have to say, that TEXAS has to have some of the worst practices in the world.

I dont know if its lack of education, or complete lack of common sense, but some of the things that get done to cause explosions and high risk events are amazing. I mean mind boggling that things that they do are even tried. Things like, vent tank and flare lines in the middle of the plants, bypassing critical safety equipment, etc. There must not be a governing body with any clout down there.

A few of my freinds have gone down and worked in Cali, Wyoming, Texas, Loisianna, etc, and they have told me that I wouldnt believe the things they do, and think its normal. Also, the lack of competance among the operators there is amazing. The US needs to get a system in place that creates training and systematic troublehooting as well as day to day operations. This is going to happen more, and wont stop till things change.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)