AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

doubling up anhydrous tanks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 2/20/2008 22:20 (#315213 - in reply to #314731)
Subject: Re: doubling up anhydrous tanks

collegeboy, from what I were told a settup like you have pictured is acceptable as long as each wagon has it's own hitch point, controller & shutoff from the tractor.

The state boys weren't only targeting farmers. They went into one dealer & told them that if they caught any of their customers pulling doubles in the field they would shut the dealer down as well.

Don't know if this was a new guy with the department trying to make a name for himself or if it's something that is going to be enforced state wide. Though our dealer said they got a notice about it though our dealer will not let anyone pull doubles in the field. There are some dealers around that allow it, though usually only with 1000s, I have seen some 1500 doubles where the front tank's rear axle had been pulled out from underneath it.

Dealer also said that it was questionable if they (state chemist's office) were going to allow 2 tanks on one carrier.

Speaking of doubles, how many have seen or remember the "Squadron Hitch" built by Davis Manchine of Covington, In? They were built just a couple miles from me. The "Squadron Hitch" went on the fron of a 4wd tractor & made it possible to pull a AA wagon on each side of the tractor. Idea was to double capcity plus when used with a field cultivator equipped with "Cold Flow" there would be no tracks left in the field.

It was settup so as the tractor turned on the end a hyd cylinder would shove the outer wing out giving more turning room beteen the tank & the tractor. They even took it one step further & mounted a 500 gal spray tank in the middle with a set of boogie wheels to suport the weight of the tank when full. Idea was to be able to spray, aplly AA, & work chieseled ground in one pass then plant. It never really caught on in this area though I did hear a few were shipped west & to Canada. The last couple years that they farmed to had removed the wings & used it only for spraying.

I have a picture of it on one of the computers but cannot find it. If I come across it I'll post the pic. BTW, theirs was mounted on a Case 2870, (correct model # ?)

Edited by boog 2/20/2008 22:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)