AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quadris/Select Combo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEMOScott
Posted 7/18/2006 08:44 (#27639 - in reply to #27239)
Subject: So the moral of the story must be.....

Callao, Missouri
......apply less N to get less plant height...eh? Sounds believable to me, except we have another field almost bordering this field, that has been treated exactly the same fertility wise/planting prep/planting date. It's corn is a comfortable 2' shorter.....but it is a different variety, and a slightly different soil.

I looked up Pioneer 33k39, 33k40 on their online "brochure", both are listed as a "7" on a scale of 9 in the plant height catagory. As was the variety in the next field over. I sure would hate to see what a 9 looks like in a good year. I could find no mention of flex vs fixed on the site, but by looking at the corn, I suspect that they are fixed ears.

Planting 27k around this area is known more for feeding the seed salesman than feeding yourself. But I'm always willing to try something different....but I probably better warn the landlord though before I plop that seed bill for 33k down!

And for the Select/Quadris question......still can't get an informative answer out of anyone. I may try it anyway....put on 18gpa at 60psi with the tips I have now.

Thanks

Scott

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)