AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Carts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sri
Posted 8/11/2006 01:23 (#34595 - in reply to #34479)
Subject: RE: Grain Carts

nw pa
Personally it has worked best for us to just get another truck. A cart would be handy sometimes but it wouldn't save any time. We farm to spread out for a cart ot work well. By the time you have someone take the cart to the field and then to the next field add in unloading and loading times it just doesn't work out. We don't unload anything out in the field most years just causes us to much compaction. As long as you are staying on the road anyway trucks would save one handling of the grain. We haul with two tri-axles and a single axle. the single is nice cause the wife can drive it. Our helper drives the combine to the field,I drive one of the tri-axles, the wife follows with the single. combine fills the single and we leave. Get it set up to unload, I take the other tri-axle back and switch trucks by the time I get back the single is empty and she unloads while I drive. works pretty good. Have one being emptied, one on the road and one being filled. Long as the wife doesn't quit it all work's out. Besides i hate being there while unloading,wife thinks I should be sweeping, and keeping busy. Told her it's job security for her to be in charge.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)