AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feeding DDG"s ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Cliff SEIA
Posted 8/18/2006 17:28 (#36977 - in reply to #36924)
Subject: RE: Feeding DDG"s ?

It would be coming out of Big River, I know some people who have been getting some out of Keokuk but the quality there varies from nice pellets to flakes and being a new plant I figure Big River might have a more consistant product. What I would really like to be feeding is a TMR ration using corn stalks or a low quality grass hay (or a mix of the two) along with corn silage and balance it out with the DDG's. I would use it for wintering cows as well as a supplement during the summer as well as back grounding and finishing calves. If we could use a really cheap product like corn stalks or low quality grass hay, mix it with some corn silage to make it taste good and use DDGs to bring the protein level up to where they need to be I think a person could come up with a really cheap way to feed cows and at the same time I think they would do better on it than feeding hay and corn like we are now. Actually I think a wet by product would work better in the TMR but we wouldn't be using enough to keep a fresh supply around all the time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)