AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mapping Tile Lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 2/1/2016 09:47 (#5079443 - in reply to #5079285)
Subject: RE: Mapping Tile Lines

southern MN
Over on YTmag.com the bigger group of fellas is down right giddy that a person was innocent when he shot down a drone 'snooping' over his property, and they are kinda declaring open season on any drone they see.

One extreme to the other, I guess.

Do we citizens of the USA have any personal rights at all?

Back 50 years ago, anything put in the USA mail system was private, and couldn't be 'just taken' by the govt or others. It was private personal info/ property.

Now a days the govt builds a database of all our phone calls, wants to outlaw encryption of any communications, and any and all data a person has isn't just open to the govt, but we are supposed to upload a lot of it on our own time so the govt has total tabs on us.

My county used sat imagery to document all elevations of all land in the county. Back in the 1930s and other times they did flyover photography. So some stuff is well established.

And so on. We are in a different world than 50 years ago.

Do we citizens have any privacy at all, or where are we at? Is there any line the govt can't cross these days? Will our GPS/cell data cars send back monthly reports and we get an itemized bill every month on the driving laws we disobeyed? Where do we go from here?

I know, I know, just be innocent of everything always and it doesn't matter at all, won't ever harm you in any way no matter what info and data is collected about you....... And sure that is one way to look at it.

But it wasn't always that way?

Well to try to put my soap box genie back in the bottle and bring this back to drone discussion, what are the private vs govt rules on drone use, data collection, and so forth? Do we have any, should we, who is writing them?

Paul

Edited by paul the original 2/1/2016 09:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)