AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OK, what do I do next?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 2/5/2016 18:46 (#5090776 - in reply to #5089473)
Subject: RE: OK, what do I do next?

Chebanse, IL.....

trakman

Do you have your camera set for 4k video on your Phantom? If so, that might be a problem. I don't have any 4K stuff yet, but from what I understand it makes huge files & can really bog down computers. My suggestion would be as follows.....until you feel you're ready to break into the "Hollywood" quality videos, you might reduce your camera settings on your Phantom to the highest setting that's not 4K. Since I don't have a Ph 3, I'm not familiar w/those settings, though I'm sure there are others here that can tell us what that setting might be. Then you'll have smaller files coming out of your drone camera to work with. As O&U stated, you'll probably have 1-2 gb files if it was a 20 minute photo flight. But, to start out, you sure don't have to run the video the full time of the flight.

Now, as others say, I'm really afraid that a 10 yr old computer is going to disappoint you on even simple video editing. The most basic new computer @ Best Buy or somewhere similar is going to be more than enough for your primary usage. A Windows program like Movie Maker should come w/the computer. Not sure if you can still buy computers w/Win8 or not...but I'd sure try for that if it's available. I don't mean to spend your money for you...but I'd really be surprised if your present computer could do the job.

Then, load you video from the drone to the computer by either attaching the camera w/a USB cable (I assume that's possible w/a PH 3), or pop the data card out of the camera (I advise buying a 2nd card now too!) and stick it in that potentially new computer & download the file into that computer. Then, save the file as an "mp4" file type & upload it to YouTube, as others suggest. You'll need to log in & start an account w/YouTube. No cost. Then, find that video file you've just made & upload it to YouTube. Depending on your internet speed, it may take a few minutes or an hour. You can either make it "public" for the whole world to view as they want, or private & only have it accessible by the URL that you'd send someone. Unless you're really doing super secret work, I'd recommend "public". Might make sure you're not grossly violating any flight rules (whatever they may become!) when you publish it publicly however.

Then, as others say, copy that URL from that new movie & "link" it in NAT, just as I've done below. Just plain old copy/paste. As others have said, videos are not directly viewable on NAT. Don't worry about YouTube. There must be 13,000,000,000 using & viewing that site. I've not had anything bad happen to me in the 10 yrs that I've been using it.

Anyone disagree w/my recs for Trakman...or anyone for that matter?

Good luck & check back with that first movie link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0WbMt9tt0

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)