AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What Drone to buy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

WanglerND
Posted 7/28/2016 11:40 (#5436989 - in reply to #5436867)
Subject: RE: What Drone to buy?

If you (or anyone else) wants help updating your drone and getting a walkthrough, please do not hesitate to shoot me a call at 701-636-4524. This is the number for Total Ag Industries and if I'm not around or available, they will send you to my cell phone where you can reach me or leave a message.

Not updating your firmware can be fatal to your drone. The firmware updates are like those on your phone. If they aren't installed things will start to not function properly. I flew with an update required and the drone lost connection only 500' from where it took off. Tried it again without updating and got similar results. Went and updated and it flew perfectly. I'm not a programming expert and this is just a hypothesis, but it seems like coding that is out of date is similar to food in the sense that it starts to degrade over time. I've noticed it with PCs, phones, drones, gaming counsels, etc.. Once you learn how to update the drone, it takes little time to go through the process. However, if you have not been keeping up, some updates will require a previous update before the current update can be applied. That can be a pain. But once you're caught up, the process is a breeze.

The range on the P4 is supposed to be higher than the P3 by about 20%. That being said, as far as legality goes, you cannot let the drone out of eyes reach, and the range on the P3 pushes those limits, making that feature irrelevant to law-abiding citizens. That being said, I am by no means a goodie two shoes, but breaking laws with drones is breaking laws on a federal level, and I do my best to try to stay within the confines of those laws.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)