AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Started 1st cutting alfalfa ATTN Hank
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jay in WA
Posted 9/17/2006 00:33 (#44364 - in reply to #44350)
Subject: Re: Started 1st cutting alfalfa ATTN Hank

Pasco WA.
Most of the exporters are still saying no. One of my neighbors took their RR seed back because their exporter would not accept it. However another export grower neighbor planted a pivot. Says his exporter says no problem. I plan to sell to local dairys, unless an exporter comes begging. As soon as the export market opens up there will me a lot of RR acres in this area.

It's hard to guess what the yeild difference will be. I planted early when it was hot. Spray 24DB or Raptor in 100 degree heat and it is very hard on alfalfa. In fact I lost the fall cutting on a new seeding that I sprayed Raptor on a couple of years ago. The alfalfa just sat there and did not grow for close to two weeks. So far I have not figured out any other option to take out pig weed in a new seeding. I saw a new seeding today that was border sprayed. Looked like Raptor or Pursuit by how everything looked. Was being cut and you could barely find a windrow where it was sprayed. The rest of the field was weedy and looked like it was going around a ton.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)