AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

surprising - no harvest activity
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 9/18/2006 22:23 (#44818)
Subject: surprising - no harvest activity

Driftless SW Wisconsin

In making the annual trek from Fargo, ND (Big Iron) last week to Columbus OH (Ohio Farm Science Review) this week there is usually some substantial harvest activity underway in Indiana and Ohio.

This year however from basically the Chicago area to Indy to Columbus there was NO sign of any harvest activity whatsoever. I saw beans being harvested in central MN but nothing south and east from Chicago. Not only that but the beans don't even look close to harvest - many very green, some fields have some yellow turning leaves but very different from usual conditions on this route this same week most years. Some corn in N Indiana looked much closer to harvest than the beans.

Rain followed us but should be dry for the show. I would agree with Ed Winkle's comment earlier, I think the OFSR is turning into a better show than the Farm Progress show. Every year it stretches a bit eastward. A good site with good streets even after a rain. I don't know about the field demos though - between crop that's not really ready and muddy fields....although I have not seen the demo fields or crops maybe they are ahead of most.

Interesting year to say the least. From what I see on a quick drive through the show grounds, there is a lot of strip till equipment of various types being shown.

Jim at Dawn 

Edited by Jim 9/18/2006 22:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)