AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

surprising - no harvest activity
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 9/19/2006 09:32 (#44895 - in reply to #44875)
Subject: RE: surprising - no harvest activity

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
Ron no plots yet. A few fields have been combined. Here we are in the process of doing seed field inspections, right on schedule I would say. Last year I started combining the last week of sept on early gp 2 soybeans. Looks the same to slightly later this year if the wet weather goes away. I planted a week later this year (early may instead of late april).
I know that the corn moisture level seems higher this year. We have not had the heat units in sept to dry things down like last year.
I would think long fill would make better yields?? In theory I would think.
I know that varieties differ in there response to stress, heat units, ect.. Soybeans are rated for RELATIVE maturity. Meaning it varies from year to year. Not alot but slight differences. Maturity is also rated by when 90% of the pods are mature. Some varieties from the road might seem late because of color but might actually be almost ready to harvest. I guess when i check to see if a field is ready i walk into it and check pods in a couple areas of the field. I'm sure you do too. Driving by can be decieving.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)