AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil Testing Labs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 9/23/2006 08:31 (#45943 - in reply to #45871)
Subject: Re: Soil Testing Labs

Coldwater, Michigan
Spectrum Analytical in Washington Court House is the old Agrico lab. Used them a lot when I lived in Wash CH . Raised 45-50 Corn Plots a year when I was in Southern Ohio for Garst back in the early to mid 80's. Tried to generate a lot of info in a hurray. With that many plots you are bound to run into situations where you need some more info. Ran into zinc shortages in some areas that didn't show up in some hybrids, but did in others. It wasn't that all the hybrids didn't have it, just that some didn't show it visually.

Specifically it was Pioneer 3535. We had it as a check hybrid in some of the plots as well as some other Pioneer numbers. You could tell it every time, it would be nice and dark green while all others, including the other Pioneer numbers would be light and stripey colored.

I don't know how the lab actually is quality wise anymore it has been 17 years since that was going on. However, I know Mike Hall, the head of the lab from years ago when he was a Sohigro Plant Manager with me. Nice amiable person.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)