AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Com checks? and price to load a semi?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Robert in NY
Posted 9/21/2006 21:42 (#45552)
Subject: Com checks? and price to load a semi?

I have a guy who wants to buy 2k bales of hay. He has a 53' box trailer and his drivers won't load hay so he wants to know how much I would have to charge to load the trailer. I have no idea how long it would take and I only have my father and myself to load unless I can get a couple kids if the truck shows up when they are not in school. I was thinking of setting an elevator into the back of the truck to push the hay to the mid point and just back it out as the trailer fills up. This way 2 people could make it work but three would keep things clicking. How long would it take to fill, 3 hours or so?

Now then, he said he prefers to pay with a Com (sp?) check. I have never heard of this type of check before and he explained it to me as a check he can give to the truck driver to cover breakdowns or pay for loads. I am a little nervous about this type of check as I have never dealt with one before and do not want to give away a bunch of hay. Does anyone have any experience with this type of payment system or is there another system you trust other then cash? He said he doesn't like to send cash with the drivers and I can see his point. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Take care.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)