AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Diesel dripping out of exhaust manifold
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Loren SE IA
Posted 10/6/2006 08:27 (#49112)
Subject: Diesel dripping out of exhaust manifold

Kalona, IA
Uh oh,
Last week my brother was running our 1460 and was having some overheating problems because of a leaking radiator that then caught the dust and ran on the hot side of the gauge. Just under red-line. I went to get another radiator and got back 10 min. after he locked up the engine from overheating :(
He had just gone up a steep hill and was doing green stem beans and the radiator tank blew open . Only took minutes go over the edge!

We let her cool down and went about changing the radiator after starting it after cool down to see if it ran. It did and sounded OK.
We changed the oil and went back to combining with no noticeable affects for 1- 1/2 days , then last night as he was greasing up after the days work was done and the engine was idling for awhile the engine started running a little ruff and we noticed some fuel dripping out of the exhaust manifold joint!

After running at high idle for a little bit it ran smooth again and quit dripping.

My question is, is it a bad injector , or burnt valve , or something else? What tree do I bark up 1st. Most likely the overheating is showing it's affects now??

Thanks for any thoughts!
Keep those radiators clean!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)