AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer pics from Oregon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 10/9/2006 21:40 (#49973 - in reply to #49865)
Subject: Tough day?

Driftless SW Wisconsin

sounds like you may have had a tough day....You may be right. There may be no better way... but time will tell.

For the record at UM Lamberton demos we had a customer's Case 7110 tractor which I believe is about 130 hp and 20 some years old on his new 12 row Vision bar. Our equipment is well built and not cheap. It is, however, FAIRLY priced to the best of our abilities.

MN and other states have EQIP funds available in some areas and low cost loans for our and other conservation oriented equipment.

Personally I use a 6 row mounted Pluribus system on my small farm on an open station NH/Ford 7610S which I believe is about 90 hp and not exactly a high tech wonder - but it works. I also drive an 02 Dodge truck with 216k miles on it. We do not cater to an "elite" group. In fact our Pluribus version of strip till is as useful for smaller or part time farmer as it is for the larger operation, if for different reasons.

No need to beat this any more. I ask that you keep your mind open to maybe other possibilities. Time will tell.

We have some very interesting things going on in agriculture today. This is a great time to be in agriculture. For example, I saw my first RR alfalfa field today...

All the Best to you,

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 10/9/2006 22:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)